Good morning lovelies, I wanted to share this quick recipe for my favorite protein smoothie without yogurt or protein powder/substitute though you can totally add protein (I occasionally use pea protein but whey or soy also works I just suggest adding a little more peanut butter if you don’t like the taste). I didn’t add any measurement because it’s very customizable, you can use vanilla ice cream and milk or try freezing the banana, maybe substitue the chocolate chips for chocolate protein powder or chocolate syrup or cacao powder. Usually I use half to a hand full of chocolate chips, a whole banana, 1-2 spoons I peanut butter, about 3/4 of whatever glass I’m using of milk, and a bit of real vanilla extract.
- Chocolate chips (semi sweet or dark)
- Peanut butter
- Banana (frozen is optional)
- Milk (regular or whatever milk substitue you prefer)
- Ice (optional)
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Protein powder (optional)
- Blend the chocolate chips
- If you choose to: add frozen banana or ice and blend/chop ice (my blender has a chop ice mode which works perfectly)
- Add peanut butter, banana and milk.
- Add vanilla (makes it taste more like a milkshake) or protein powder.
- Blend until desired consistency (Note: blending in high will make it somewhat frothy which isnMt bad just be aware).